Patch Notes 0.2.0
Hello again Vikings! We are here this time to give you very exciting news. With this new patch we are including new features in the game, some big changes to the combat, and fixing some bugs. So, without further ado, let’s dive right into it.
Introducing a new Vera!
We are introducing a new Vera into the game. That’s right, from now on you have the option to take our dear Húshroom into battle and test the first three of their abilities:
- Blob Barrage: Húshroom shoots the Blobs on their cap forward in the shape of a cone, dealing damage to any enemy standing in the way. This is a medium-range attack and the Húshroom’s main form of instant damage.
- Spore Bomb: Húshroom throws a Spore Bomb towards a selected tile, creating a Spore Cloud around the tile it hits. This Spore Cloud poisons any enemy that stands inside of it, giving the Húshroom the possibility to do damage over time.
- Home Dig: Húshroom digs into the ground of the tile they are standing on and starts healing themselves every turn they are in the ground. They become invulnerable to any damage when they are dug in except for underground abilities.
To get to know Húshroom better, go check out their description in the Vera page of the website.
New Additions to the Combat
- Status effect icons: now you can see what status effects are affecting Vera during the combat with more than just visual effects. New icons have been added to the combat UI, and when hovering over them you can read more information about what the status effect is and what it does.
- New damage formula: we have realized that the way damage was calculated in the game was a bit inconsistent and unbalanced, mainly when battling Vera of higher levels. We have revised the damage formula, made some adjustments, and took into account damage from status effects. With this new approach, damages should feel more balanced and fair.
- Audio snapshots: to make your experience more immersive and enjoyable, the audio team has added some really cool features to the game. With audio snapshots, the entire audio of the game gets adjusted based on the status of your Vera, so when poisoned the game audio gets wavy, when underground the game audio gets muffled, and when teleporting the audio fades out and fades in again.
- Sounds: we have also added more sounds into the game to increase immersion during the game.
- Audio: fixed audio stuttering when the webpage is not focused on the game window.
- Snaring the AI: now it is possible to snare the opponent AI with Bjørn’s Bear Trap.
- Potion fix: two quick fixes were made to the potions. The first being that you can’t take two portions of the same type into combat. The second is that when consuming a health potion with full health, the max health of your Vera will not increase anymore.
- Vera rotation when casting abilities: now Veras face the direction where they are casting their abilities.
- UI selection for Arcane Missile and Knock Up: the range of both the Arcane Missile and Knock Up are now highlighted in the pick phase.
Well, that was a ride. A lot of new things are being added to the game and nice fixes were introduced to improve your gaming experience. We hope you enjoy these new features in Valhalla and we can’t wait to hear your thoughts and feedback.
Please feel free to communicate with us any other issues or bugs you encounter through our community’s discord: https://discord.gg/NJXccsQSfg
Until next time!
The Valhalla team